We established a targeted ‘always on’ Press Office to maintain a regular drumbeat of editorial coverage and keep Dr. Martens top of mind with both media and consumers.
The Press Office waa guided by three fundamental principles:
– Powerful Storytelling: Identifying key marketing focuses and objectives that resonate with our target audience
– Targeted Pitching: A media matrix with focal pitching angles for each quarter was developed based on marketing focuses, seasonality, new offerings and trends.
– New Audiences, New Opportunities: Take Dr. Martens beyond the fashion pages and broaden consumer reach by targeting a spectrum of media publications including lifestyle and art/culture.
Press Office activity included:
– Collab / brand activity press release localisation and distribution
– Reactive requests including product call outs
– Product loans for editorial shoots and fashion events (e.g. Vogue Fashion Night Out)
– Proactive outreach
– Media intros / coffee catch up
– Monthly reporting and coverage tracking / clipping